Wednesday, January 07, 2009

When You're a Jet, You're a Jet All the Way

That song is running through my head. I saw the first 35 minutes of "West Side Story" five times today. But I'm not complaining; I loved it! The classes were great. They were pretty receptive to the movie, and I wasn't sure they would be. To see "tough guys" break into pirouettes took some getting used to, but they paid attention. We had some insightful discussions when it was over, and they had summary paragraphs to write, so they kept very busy. Most of all, I LOVED having MK in the last period class. She says I didn't embarrass her, but I did embarrass a classmate. One student who sat behind her repeatedly kept tapping her on the head. To do it, he had to get out of his seat and it was very obvious. He knew I was her mom, so I don't know why he chose her of all people to pick on, but I did finally say, "If you hit my daughter again...." I didn't have to finish the statement. He got the message. Other than that, I had a wonderful day, and MK is still excited about tomorrow.

So...I mentioned that MK picked out my wardrobe today. My picture of the day is of the shoes she picked out for me.














And that was our day. I hope yours was just as fun. Good night.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

You have the best shoes ever. I need to update my tattered-mommy-wardrobe and go fashion shopping for clothes and shoes.