Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today was spent largely in front of the t.v. I was riveted to the screen watching the inauguration festivities. I really enjoyed the historical significance of the day, as well as the city of Washington. I am so thankful to have grown up so close to it...close enough that we would get bored when they'd announce yet another field trip there. The history here is very different than in the Northeast, and I am glad to have experienced different things.

MK actually wore her tutu to school today. She is hilarious and definitely has her own sense of style. She said it was a big hit and believes it is a trend that will catch on. We'll see about that.

So I'll close with this picture for now. The Big Man took it with his phone, so I'm just "borrowing" it. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are awaiting our tickets to the White House... the tour. Isn't it funny that I live so close and we almost NEVER go there! I really want Ava to go.. maybe when the weather gets warmer :)