Saturday, January 17, 2009

Common Sense

This is a family blog. My parents, in-laws and dear friends and family read it. So you know that I don't go off on controversial tangents. That being said, I am going to post 2 pictures that may seem political.


















The Obama Train passed through Wilmington, Delaware today. My friend Jon left the warmth of his home to brave the cold to witness it. So, thanks to Jon for the pictures! (His pictures were better, but lost some sharpness when I "borrowed" them.)

I can only guess what the election of Obama means to the African American community. But I do have an idea what having a local senator serving as Vice President means to a tiny state like Delaware. I cannot tell you how many times I've told people where I grew up and they literally did NOT know that Delaware was a state.

Recently, I saw a conservative politician being interviewed. He was asked if he was hoping Obama's presidency would succeed. The man answered that of course he was rooting for Obama to succeed. All I could think was...what kind of question was that? Wouldn't rooting for him to fail mean that I was rooting for America to fail? Duh! That was just my thought for the day. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures were great. My mom was even excited and they took Ava to Perryville to wave. We aren't going tomorrow(we were going to go but after hearing exactly how many people were going we changed our mind.