Friday, January 09, 2009

My gentleman

T. Willy and I stopped by the Big Man's restaurant today. As we were leaving, I showed TW how to hold the door for people. I explained that it was the way a gentleman would act. He balked: "I don't want to be a gentleman." However, we returned later to drop something off, and as we walked out, he immediately grabbed the door and held it for several people. "I'm a gentleman," he announced. MK and I got such a kick out of it.

MK is at a slumber party right now. It is a boy/girl party, MK's first. (Um, no, the boys are not sleeping over. They leave at 10.) When we left, the boys were in one room playing Rock Band, and the girls were running around the hall and dining room giggling like 13-14 year old girls do.

My last day of subbing in band went well. I enjoyed it so much and have managed not to have any songs from "West Side Story" running through my head.

And today, my mom made her second appearance on QVC!!! She was in the audience, but seems to be a lucky charm for those who go with her. The first time she went, they were selling a paint set. Her friend was chosen from the audience to demonstrate the painting technique. Today, her friend chose a shirt from the featured clothing collection before she went to the show. She put it on, and the powers-that-be noticed. She was then chosen from the audience to talk about it. My mom loves that her friends were able to do that, because she would not want that kind of attention, but enjoyed it for her friends. My mom did get some camera time during audience shots, though.

I close with two pictures. One is TW on his way to school today. It was very bright, so he's wearing his dad's sunglasses. The other is MK. We had some time to kill before dropping her off at the party, so we stopped at our local "Hot Dog Shoppe" for dinner. For some reason she decided to take a picture of herself touching her nose with her tongue. We are so proud! So I took a picture of that.



































Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

What a little gentleman!

Very cool about QVC. That is fun!

I'm glad you had a good time subbing. I haven't seen that movie forever... maybe I will watch it now!

Great pictures!

Bridget said...

I love the "I'm a gentleman" comment. It's so sweet.
The tongue/nose thing is hilarious because Ashleigh can do the same thing and she has taken pictures of herself doing just that.