Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Secret Life

When T. Willy was a baby, I looked around for a way to make some extra money. I found "mystery shopping." It didn't pay a lot, but it was some spare money. What I liked more was that it gave me an opportunity to try restaurants that I may not have gone to otherwise. I have also shopped department stores, pizza delivery, cell phone stores, electronics stores and the best one..our local waterpark. Most shops reimburse what I spend and often pay a little bit on top of that. I think the waterpark simply reimbursed, but it was enough for 3 of us to go while T. Willy stayed home with grandparents. After I visit the location, I come home and fill out a detailed survey and mail the receipt. With the pizza shops, I would order a pizza to be delivered and then have to take pictures of the pizzas and upload them. The companies I've dealt with have been very professional and on the up and up. If you ever consider it, just remember...do not pay to shop. There are tons of free sites out there.

So...I haven't done any shops in awhile. But last week a woman called me out of desperation. She had two shops to be done this week, and I was on her list. I agreed to do them, because they are my favorite ones to do. With these shops, I am given a list of things that they have to do, and if they do them, I have rewards to give them. Tonight I went to two fast food restaurants. The first one passed right away. I was able to go in and give them their rewards...Mastercard gift cards for all of the employees working at the time. However, the second store didn't fare as well. They didn't pass, and they were disappointed. After the shop, I returned the materials to the car, then I went back in the store as a real customer. I saw the manager hand her "oops" ticket to a man standing in front of me. He asked her several questions and asked when it had happened. She said right now and pointed to me. I have never had this happen. He turned to me and said he was the district manager. He asked questions and I told him what had happened. Fortunately, I was able to tell him that one of his other stores had passed.

So that was nearly the highlight of my day. I still need to post a picture, but I'll have to look around a little. Have a great night!

No comments: