Saturday, January 10, 2009

Party day

MK went to her party last night and had a great time. When I picked her up this morning at 10, the girls were still asleep! So I brought a sleepy girl home. She perked up soon, and we had a good day together. She talked to me about some things that are on her mind, and I really enjoyed it. I try to "guide" her, but I know that I can't always tell her what to do or make her do what I think she should. There has been a situation with one of her friends that we talked about a lot, and she is really developing some good insight into it. It is good to see.

T. Willy and I went to a birthday party for one of his classmates today at a local park. It rained off and on during the party, so we didn't stay for the whole thing, but T. Willy had a good time. He can be very shy, and today was no different. But he did come out of his shell and left my side to play on the playground and did great. I tend to be overprotective, and I really try to combat that. Today I was careful not to hover. He did great. It was slippery and he fell a few times, but I watched him wipe himself off and keep going. It was a big day for both of us.

So here is a picture of T. Willy taking a swing at the pinata.













I'm still kind of cold, so I'm going to go and sit by the fire and get warm. MK is napping, the Big Man is at work, and T. Willy is playing. I hope you're warm and having a great night!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

yay for T. Willy! He is so cute!