Monday, January 05, 2009

Same ol' same ol'

It's just fine with me that we went back to our normal routines today. MK was thrilled to go back to school to see her friends. T. Willy was not thrilled to go back, but he did just fine. The Big Man went to work, and I stayed home and cleaned. It is warm here...so I have fooled myself into thinking it's spring and time for spring cleaning. My mom will be so proud.

T. Willy has discovered text messaging. He knows how to use our iPhones just a little too well. He sent texts to grandparents today and to his dad. I have tried to make sure that he prefaces each text with, "This is Ty." He sent one to my mom that said, "Are you sure?" and she was completely confused. He is really starting to read a lot of words, but he asks for help with spelling.

A lot of girls are "daddy's girls." Don't get me wrong...MK loves her dad, but to me she has always been a "mommy's girl." This has continued even to middle school. I am subbing for her band director on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. She seems more excited than I am. I am so thankful for this. It may not last forever, so I want to appreciate it as long as I can. We are going to watch and discuss "West Side Story." I found the song, "When You're a Jet," for her tonight and now it is going over and over in my head. I can't imagine how it's going to be when I watch it 5-6 times a day for 3 days.

Finally, I challenged myself to try to post every day for a year. It's January 5; we have a long way to go. In addition, I have been challenged to post a picture every day for a year. So, I'm now accountable to you, and here is my first picture. This is T. Willy getting ready for the tub. The goggles came with a Spiderman bath bubble set that Santa brought.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

I always get that spring cleaning mind-set after Christmas and the New Year. I love it!

Awe... T. Willy looks so cute in those goggles.

I love it when you post pictures.