Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Going to the beach

Okay, we aren't going to swim, but we are heading to the beach today. Dy and family are in town, and we are going to visit with them. We are waiting until MK gets home from school, then she, T. Willy and I will go. He is so excited. Oddly enough, when I spoke with her this morning, she mentioned that there were sheriff's cars on the beach outside their window and suspected a body had been found. Sure enough, I looked it up in the paper, and that's what had happened. There aren't any details, but it is pretty unusual.

I have joined the Facebook band wagon, and was tagged to do a 25 things about me. It was not a comfortable thing to do for some reason, but I did it. So I am just going to post it here. Most of the people that read me here are on FB, so sorry for the duplication.

1. Ugh…I am doing this purely because I was tagged.

2. I sat next to the same person at my high school graduation and my college graduation. (Hi, Jeff!)

3. My children are 9 years apart. It wasn’t planned, but I wouldn’t change it. My daughter will start high school next year, and my son will start kindergarten.

4. I am job hunting. I went back to school in 2005 and earned a Master’s degree in Reading Education, because it was a high demand job. Now there are NO jobs. So, I sub for teachers whose jobs I wish I had.

5. My uncle lives on a farm in West Virginia. I wish I lived there. No one thinks I’m serious, but I am.

6. I used to get perms. Then I grew out my hair and realized it was curly….all that wasted time blow drying.

7. My favorite restaurant is Cheesecake Factory, but I don’t live near one. Any time I get a chance to go, I get the same thing – Thai Lettuce Wraps and Key Lime cheesecake….every time.

8. We live in Florida, about 30 minutes from the beach. We did not go to the actual beach one time last year.

9. I memorized and can still say the names of everyone in my 9th grade Science class.

10. I am addicted to my iPhone and refuse to seek help.

11. I broke a toe once jumping out of bed, because I thought my daughter was calling for me in the middle of the night. She was sound asleep when I hobbled to her.

12. I am not a beverage person. I don’t drink tea, coffee, milk, or orange juice. I wish I did.

13. Two movies make me cry over and over…in Steel Magnolias when Sally Field’s character is driving to pick up her grandson after her daughter has died, and in A League of Their Own when the telegram is being delivered to tell one of the women that her husband has died and everyone is wondering if it’s going to be for them.

14. My favorite television scene ever is from A Different World. When Dwayne stands up at Whitley’s wedding and pleads with her to marry him instead, I lose it! What a sap.

15. I rarely talk on the phone, but send and receive thousands of text messages every month. Don’t call me…text me.

16. I was on Facebook for quite awhile and didn’t get the big deal. Noelle and I exchanged one message and that was it. Then, Shelly Lasko found me, and it has exploded!

17. If I could do it all over again, I’d have moved to New York City right after college and tried to get into the publishing business, editing not writing.

18. 25…are you serious? I can’t believe anyone is still reading this…except you, Mom, thanks!

19. Some of my favorite school memories are sledding, then coming back to my house to play games. It was when microwave popcorn was new, and we quickly learned how bad it smells when it’s burnt.

20. My house would be perfect forever if it had a basement. There are no basements here…where are the kids’ toys supposed to go?

21. I’ve kept a blog for 3 ½ years. It is for my kids to read in the future and to keep friends and family updated on our lives, because I am horrible about calling (see #15.).

22. As you may know, I was never “cool.” Somehow my daughter is. She is the coolest kid I know.

23. I love songwriters. It helps if they can sing, but it’s not that important.

24. I am fascinated by left handedness. Don’t ask me why.

25. I am thrilled that I made it to 25. This was not easy for me.

I hope to post pictures of my visit tonight. Have a great afternoon!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

You can change #18 to mom & Chellie. :)

I loved reading it! You are so awesome & I love finding something else new about you all the time.

I think about you every time I pass the Cheesecake Factory (it's about 4 minutes away from my house). I hope the job hunting is going well... or something comes up soon. The world NEEDS teachers like you.