Sunday, January 04, 2009

Mr. Nobody










I have been reminded of this Family Circus cartoon recently. I can't believe I found a picture of it. At that family's house, there lived a little gremlin who went around creating mischief for the poor children who did nothing wrong. He went by the name "Not Me." Our house now has its own little gremlin whose name is "Mr. Nobody," and T. Willy is the only one who knows him.

T. walked into my room a little while ago to show me that my slippers had stickers on the bottom of them. I asked, "Ty, did you do that?" His reply was, "No, it was Mr. Nobody." He also said this with a completely blank face. He even told me details about Mr. Nobody; for instance, his birthday is December 31.

This just reminds me how different two children can be. If MK had done something similar, she would usually tell the truth. Furthermore, she wouldn't have brought them to me and told me about it. On the occasions that she didn't immediately confess, her face would completely give her away. It would turn bright pink, and her eyes would droop. Not with T. though. He could convince you that Mr. Nobody did it. In fact, it's awfully quiet out there right now...I'd better find out what Mr. Nobody is up to.

1 comment:

Sheryl Zettner said...

I was just looking up references to Mr. Nobody because he played pranks in my house too. Kind of like Puck in Shakespeare; I can't help but wonder if it isn't the same sprite. He'd move stuff around and try to get us all in trouble with each other. But we all knew the truth!

Glad to know we weren't the only ones!