Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The beach in January

We had the most fun this afternoon! We met with Dy and her lovely children and spent the afternoon at the beach. And by the beach (Noelle) I really mean sat in the sand and the kids went SWIMMING. Now, I know I live in Florida, but it isn't Miami. We had temps in the 20s last week!! But they had a blast together. So here are some pictures.

Dy and Emily. This is the only picture I have of Emily. She did not want to get her picture taken today.

















MK and baby Jason...seriously the most content baby I've seen.


















I got to hold him too. Thanks to MK for the picture.


















There goes my mother of the year award. I did NOT expect the kids to go in the water, but T. Willy ended up nearly immersed, although not by his own volition. The waves were really crashing. So he had to wear MK's jacket, because I did not pack a change of clothes, although I told myself I probably should. He and Jacob became fast friends, and here they are together. This picture makes me laugh, because they look so serious but were really having a ball together.


















And here is a group shot, sans Emily. It's a little blurry, but we were really just trying to get everyone to stay in the shot. John and James are the handsome older boys. James cracked MK up. He is brilliant, and she loved listening to him. John was a great shell finder. He found some beauties.















And that's it. I'm subbing tomorrow, so I'll hit the sack. Good night!

3 comments:

Chellie said...

Such cute kids!! Looks like a lot of fun! I'm looking for a beach to hang out on this spring/summer. Wouldn't it be fun to see you!

melissa said...

LUcky! LUCY! LUCK-Y!!I miss you all so much!!It would be so much fun to all get together. (sigh) I haven't seen Dy in FOREVER, either. I'm glad that you guys had such a great time. Aren't you glad that I talked you into this whole blog thing???

Dy said...

Ah, we have his shorts, by the way! (Sorry 'bout that!)

Jake keeps talking about his friend, and how much fun he is, and wants to know when you all will come this way! (hint, hint)

I've got a few that I'll email to you guys. Gotta upload them, first, though. (I'm a slacker, unlike you. :-P)