Thursday, January 29, 2009

Soooo.....

After I posted the agonizing 25 things yesterday, I realized that I had not even mentioned the Big Man. It was about me, but there really is no me without mentioning him. So, I composed my 25 things about the Big Man.

1. He has no discernible accent. You may guess the North, but would have no idea where.

2. He has dimples on his shoulders which he gave to both of the kids.

3. He falls asleep as soon as he is ready. He can be reading in bed, and when it's time to fall asleep, he closes the book, turns off his light, and falls asleep. I have never done that.

4. While I get the exact same thing at Cheesecake Factory every time, he always gets something different. Even if he really liked what he had before, he likes to try something new. The same thing goes for ice cream. 9 out of 10 times, I will get mint chocolate chip. On the 10th time I get chocolate with the peanut butter ribbon. Cookies and cream would be his favorite, but he almost never gets it. He wants to see what else it out here.

5. He loves chocolate. He'll eat apple pie, lemon squares, etc...but he truly doesn't consider it dessert unless it's chocolate.

6. He lived near Pittsburgh until he was 10 and still has family there. He is a diehard Steelers and Penguins fan.

7. He keeps promises.

8. He loves to read.

9. He is comfortable with himself. We played "Battle of the Sexes" with some friends. The other men didn't know much about the women at all and kind of teased those that did, but the Big Man made it a challenging game. He really pays attention, and trust me, no one teased him.

10. He does not like to be cold. When he was a child, living near Pittsburgh, his grandmother knitted him a cover for his nose, just to keep him warm.

11. He played football in Texas back in the days when they thought too much water would make players sick. So they did NOT keep the players hydrated, just sips of water here and there. He has often said that he might have continued playing if they would have just given them water.

12. He got his driver's license when he was 15, because that was the law in Louisiana, and they had just moved there. (I believe it has changed since then.) He is the best driver that I know.

13. He just fell into the restaurant business. He was a Marketing major in college. His friend got him a job at the restaurant where he was working, and he's been in it ever since.

14. Hamburgers are his favorite food.

15. He hates spiders.

16. He loves iced tea.

17. As a boss, he does not play favorites. He is the same to everyone, regardless of any of the things that other people may not treat the same.

18. He has self-confidence that I envy. He knows exactly who he is.

19. As a teenager, he went on separate missions trips to Canada and Alaska for the entire summers. I believe the story goes that on his first trip, he didn't call home the entire time. Believe me, he did the second trip.

20. He has a certain laugh that only manifests itself when he is with his brother.

21. He was born prematurely weighing 3 pounds. He was supposed to be born at the end of November, but his birthday is September 2...fittingly on Labor Day.

22. He loves the band Journey. I mean loves.

23. He used to volunteer for the Special Olympics.

24. He put THOUSANDS of miles on his car when we were dating. His parents weren't so happy about that, but I always thought that at least it proved we were just driving and talking and not stopping for any monkey busines.

25. He is generous. When people say that someone would give you the shirt off his back, they are talking about him.

I have to say; 25 things about him was so easy; it was probably harder to narrow down to only 25 things. 25 things about me was excruciating.

So, I'll close with a picture of him doing one of the things he does best...driving.

2 comments:

Chellie said...

That was so cute! What a good idea.

I'm more like you - I usually order my favorite and do not get something different. :)

I guess me and the Big Man will have a dual on Sunday... Go Cards!! :)

Sounds like an awesome guy and it was fun to read more about him. He has always seemed mysterious to me. ;)

Dy said...

OH, I've got to do that. Bet it was WAY easier coming up with 25 things about him, wasn't it? What a great idea!~