Friday, February 06, 2009

Nostalgia

This week has had a lot of strolls down memory lane. I realized yesterday that it was Chuck's birthday. So I am going to post a picture of us together. It is a picture of a picture, so it's pretty blurry, but it's all I have.

And here is the story of the picture.

What you need to know first:

I went to a Christian school that did not have a "prom." We had a Junior/Senior Banquet which was essentially a prom without dancing. We dressed up in gowns and all but went to a nice restaurant and had "entertainment." I frequently call it a prom; it's just easier than explaining.

I had been dating a guy named Walt. He was supposed to go with me to this event. He cancelled on me very close to the last minute.

Chuck had been dating a girl for a long time, and they broke up right before this event.

So, seeing that we were both dateless, and the tickets had already been purchased, Chuck and I decided to go together. He was a great friend of mine. One night when I was working late at McDonald's, there was a little trouble and a police car was there. He was driving by and saw that, and stopped by to check on me. That's just the kind of guy he was. He always said we would go out, but this was the one and only time that we did.

We had a nice time. We sat with Noelle and her date (Matt, who ironically was college roommates with the Big Man, and that's how we met.) Then there was an event at the school afterwards. While we were there....Walt showed up!!! And he expected me to leave with him. Seriously, it was one of the most awkward moments of my life. Of course, Walt had not taken me, and Walt did not take me home. Ahhh..high school. That was a fun night, but always tainted....minorly by the appearance of Walt, but mostly because Chuck is gone.

So, here is that picture. If I find a better one, I'll post that.
















And, because I hate to end on a down note, here is a repeat picture of MK in the same dress.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

oh my gosh! LOVE IT! MK is SO cute and looks awesome in your dress!