Thursday, February 05, 2009

A bit of the random

Not much to report tonight. So I am going to Picasa to randomly choose a picture. I will post that picture and tell what it is about. Really reaching, no?


















This was a good picture to choose. In 2006, the Big Man, MK, my brother, nephew and I visited the college that my brother, the Big Man, and I attended and from which we are all graduated. Things had changed so much, and this is a picture of that change. The college is in the mountains. A highway runs right next to it. When we were all there, there was an empty hillside next to the highway. Since then, that land has been developed and there are now dorms on it. They tunneled through and now you can walk from the main campus to the dorms under the highway. So here are my brother and nephew standing by the entrance.

And since I'm taking this stroll down memory lane, here are some other pictures of that visit.

That was the last time we drove north. We usually fly, so we made some nostalgic stops on the way. This is the hospital where MK was born in Statesville, North Carolina.
















The lower apartment is where we lived when MK was born. My good friend, Patti, lived upstairs. We had our first babies one month apart.















This was my dorm. I lived in it for two years: first floor and second floor. I was also on the side next to the woods. The Big Man used to come and talk to me through the window when I was on the first floor. It was a Christian college, so that was technically against the rules...rebels!

















The ice rink was brand new when we visited. We used to have to drive about an hour to Roanoke to see the college hockey team play.


















The Big Man and I married when we were in college. This was our first home. It looks like a house but was really four apartments. We lived on the top left and it was brand new when we moved in.















When we were on campus, this building was one story. We were told that it had been built to accommodate floors being added. They meant it. Now it's a beautiful, collegiate building.














There are many other pictures, but that's enough. I sub early tomorrow so I still have things to do to get ready. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Arthur S DeMoss building *giggle*..I have pictures of her when I went thru them last weekend.

Chellie said...

Very cool.... I wish I had pictures from back when...