Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Busy Day

Today I went to the school to do paperwork and meet all of the people I need to meet. Wow...it was a full day! But it went really well. It seems like a great place to work, and the people were very friendly. I officially begin tomorrow, but the other teacher will be there. The students hadn't known why I was there, but they know now. A note was sent home to the parents explaining the change. Then on Monday, I'll be on my own.

After work I went shopping. That added to the long day. My dress code is now all dresses and skirts, so I needed to add to my wardrobe. It isn't a problem. I like dresses and wore them every day from fourth grade through college. There were a lot of sales, and I came home with a lot of clothes.

Then, I just wanted to come home and spend time with the family. MK went to the doctor today and is feeling better. She had dinner waiting for me when I got home, which was greatly appreciated, and it was just nice to relax and hang with them.

So, I'm going to post an old picture as a challenge to myself (also because I didn't have time today to take a new one.) I haven't really mentioned it on the blog, but I have lost a bit of weight in the past couple of years. However, I've gotten lazy this winter, and need to work on it some more. This picture is from last summer. It's one of my favorites and, to me at least, the weight loss shows in my face. So, that's a challenge to myself. It's feeling like spring here...no excuses to hide behind sweaters.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm glad you found some great things. It always seems to me that when I NEED to find something I can't and when I'm not really looking for anything, I find everything. :)

Love the picture of you! I can totally see it in your face. I got SO lazy this winter... I'd like to lose 15 lbs before April. I take for granted the sweatshirts and jeans or sweats. :)

Anonymous said...

You look great in that pic..not that you dont look great now!! I am finally shedding the weight I gained in Jamaica LAST MARCH!! I have lost about 7 lbs in a month..I'm pretty excited..have a long way to go :)