Sunday, December 28, 2008

What Delaware means to me....part 2 (Go Eagles)

I took a few more pictures today, because I actually left the house. We went to church this morning.


This is the church. Since a church is really the people, and not the building, they started attending this church when my mom was expecting my OLDer brother. It was in a different location and they moved here in the 60s, I think. This building came to be as it looks now when I was in high school. In addition to being at church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesday nights, I also went to the Christian school there from 4th grade until Graduation. I was married in the church, and have countless other memories involving it. I can't think of home without thinking of it. (My older nephew is in the foreground getting into the car.) My friend's grandmother died on Christmas Eve, and I'll be going to a funeral there tomorrow.












In high school, I worked at McDonald's. Here it is. It is walking distance (ish) from my parents' house, and also holds a lot of fun memories. I also learned, "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean."















Since I went to the Christian school, there was always a fascination with the very large public school across the field. I dated a couple of guys from there, and most of my coworkers at McDonald's went there. My mom also worked as a secretary there, which I loved!!!











So that's another snippet of my life in Delaware. More to follow...and go Eagles!!!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Ok, I have to admit I was cheering for the Eagles today to beat the Cowboys and oh baby did they ever!! It sounds like you all are having a great time visiting "home".

Chellie said...

I want ANY team to beat the Cowboys!

Loved the pictures. Memories are so fun. I did a walk down memory lane and took Ryker with me during the summer of '07. It was wonderful!

It's fun to hear a little more about your life in Delaware. :) The McDonald's... the school... the Christian school... good times.

Anonymous said...

The McDonalds..ahh...memories :) You were the first person to tell me I had to specifically say CHEESE w/ my breakfast sandwich otherwise it would not be on there..I think of you everytime I order that :) hee hee...