Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Shopping Day.

The Christmas shopping is almost complete. What a relief! We had a late start, but it's coming along. We have one surprise for MK that is going to blow her away. I just can't tell you yet. T. Willy is very much into punching...not people necessarily, but he shadow boxes all the time. So we got him a "bop bag" which should be a big hit. It is reminiscent of the old Bozo punching bag that I remember from my childhood, but this one has a Pittsburgh Steeler on it. MK wisely pointed out that we like the Steelers, so why would we want to punch them? I guess the answer is that we just can't allow anything Dallas Cowboys in our house.

So tomorrow begins finals in my class. I am planning to stop at the store in the morning to pick up some Smarties and Hershey's Kisses for the students for a little encouragement. In the afternoon I have to head back to the school for a grading session. Since I was working last semester, I didn't get to participate, but I'm looking forward to it this time. I'm so hopeful that the students do well, because I hate to see any of them have to repeat the class.

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm right there with you on the no Cowboys stuff in the house. The Steelers are ok, now if you were an Eagles fan we would have to have a little talk. Have you ever been to a game with Eagles fans there? Oh, what a nightmare.

Chellie said...

You have to tell me what you got MK. How can I wait now?
I am pretty much done.. .just a few straggling items here and there.
I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

I'm totally with you on the NO Cowboys stuff.