Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Circus peanuts are my mom's favorite candy

T. Willy heads back to school today. He is feeling much better, but I'm not sure how he'll do going back, because he really liked staying home. However, he only has today and tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I sub tomorrow for half of the day. I'm looking forward to being there with the kids all excited about Christmas break. Their last day is tomorrow for 2 weeks. It's nice to have so much time before Christmas, because we'll spend the week after Christmas in Delaware.

We've started some holiday baking. MK made brownies, and I made chocolate covered pretzels. I also made Chex mix.

It isn't our favorite thing in the world, but it says Christmas to me. My mom always has it at her house when we're there, and my niece and nephews come over and we play board games for hours while we devour the Chex mix, so my mom ends up making more. I think I may be a little too connected to food and emotions. My big one? If I miss my mom, I will go to the store and buy circus peanuts. Yes, those little orange marshmallow things

She loves them, and I am never disappointed when I go to Delaware to find her "stash" of them. She also loves fruit slices, those little half circles of gel covered in sugar.

I don't need to run out and get any, though, because I'll see my mom next week!!!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

My goal is start baking... something! :) I guess we'll see. :) You are so good and on top of it!
However, in order to simplify, I just sent Christmas cards to friends and family & didn't do anything else.

I don't like Circus Peanuts, but the fruit slices are yummy. :) How cute she has a little stash.. and that you find it!