Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Tonight we kept up with our traditions. The Big Man came home from work, and we went to look at lights. However, instead of just looking at the neighborhood lights, we drove to DeFuniak Springs, a town about 30 miles east of us. It has (according to what we've read) one of three naturally round lakes in the world. They had a huge light display around the lake and historical homes around it that were decorated for Christmas. It was a nice change to see something different. We did look at a few neighborhood lights on the way home, but we were hungry, so we hurried home to eat.

T. Willy knew that one tradition is to open a present on Christmas Eve. He could hardly wait, and when he opened his gift, he said, "It's just what I always wanted!" He was so excited. MK was less excited, but she did enjoy her gift: a set of ear buds, because on our drive to the lake, her old pair died. The Big Man actually participated in this tradition this year. He often hasn't in the past, but I've tried to explain that this is our tradition, and he joined in this year. I was very happy with my gift...if you haven't already figured it out...I have a bit of a shoe addiction. So here is a picture of my new shoes. Plus, they're red, and that's my favorite color!


















But we also took time to acknowledge the real reason that we were celebrating. This year I read from Luke 2. I read from my grandmother's Bible, which is very meaningful to me, because she died over 20 years ago. Her Bible was a gift to me from my mom one Christmas, and I cherish it. I also love Luke 2:11...For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

LOVE the verse and LOVE those shoes... HAWT!

Merry Christmas!

Chellie said...

I loved your shoes so much... I forgot to say that the light display you mentioned sounds really cool!