Friday, December 19, 2008

Bear with me

I'm going to ramble.

The Big Man has taken MK out the last two nights. I made salmon for dinner on Wednesday, and, on the way home, the Big Man bought some french bread to eat with it. They wanted "real" butter to eat with it, and I tore the refrigerator apart looking for it. I knew I had just gotten some on my last shopping trip, but it was nowhere to be found. So MK and the Big Man hopped in his truck and went to the grocery store. For some reason, they took the video camera with them, and took video as they shopped....a lot of video. It was hysterical. There was video of them talking in the truck, walking into the store, shopping, walking out of the store, in the parking lot, and in the truck on the way home. They had a great time, and it was nice for them to bond a bit.

Yesterday they went out again...this time to do some Christmas shopping. MK is no longer complaining that I bought new boots so close to Christmas. I have told her over and over that if she wants new clothes to ask her dad to take her shopping. She now knows I'm right. She got new "skinny jeans" and shirts and more. We really didn't get her any clothes for Christmas, because it's so hard to know what sizes are right, so she is really excited now! I guess they didn't take the video camera that time.

On their way home, they asked if I wanted them to bring home something to eat. They were going to pick up some fast food on the way. It would have been cold by the time they reached home, so I said I would just take T. Willy to Burger King, a short 5 minute drive from our house, and the only place in town with an indoor playground. So T. Willy and I left, and soon realized there was TRAFFIC. We took a detour to go the back way. It seemed like it took longer than usual, but we finally made it. T. was so excited to play on the playground. We got our food and saw that we were the only people in the playroom...then we realized why. It was freezing. I'm guessing it was 45 degrees in there. I went back to the car to get T.'s jacket (we didn't have it inside because it's been really warm here) but it didn't help. It was too cold. T. takes disappointment well, so he busied himself with the toy from his kids' meal and we had a ball.


















Somewhere T. has picked up a slight midwestern accent! I'm guessing it's from a teacher or one of his school friends. It is hilarious. Southern accents are prevalent here, but neither child has one of those. MK actually sounds like she could be from Delaware. But T. sounds like he's been watching Bonnie Hunt! He also loves the number 97. He just washed his hands and asked me if they are 97% clean. I'm kind of hoping 100%, but even Lysol only promises 99.9%.

I found the butter in the refrigerator in the garage.

And...I've said several times that I blog for my family...mostly for our parents to keep up with the day to day activities of the kids. It's also for the kids, though, to be able to go back one day and see what was going on at different times in their lives. I go back to posts and think how different I am from the person who was writing just three years ago. I have heard that blogs can be bound into books. I am looking for advice. If anyone has done this (Chellie!!) or heard of someone who has and was pleased with it, could you let me know? I have Googled some ideas, but I haven't loved what I've found. I would especially like it if comments could be included, and I haven't found that yet. Anyway, I sort of hinted about it to the Big Man. There are two big dates coming up next year...our 20th anniversary and my
40th birthday, so it would make a great gift for either of those occasions. (Not so subtle hint, I guess.)

I think that's it. I am now going to attempt to download some of the video that MK and the Big Man took the other night. I realize this may only be funny to us, but the grandparents may appreciate it.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

I think it's so cute you took T. Willy out! It is so important to find that one-on-one time. It can be as simple as Burger King or a trip to the grocery store! The simple things always end up being the most memorable.

I have gotten the first two years of my blog published. They did a good job and now are no longer in business. :( However, I have recently purchased a great printer that prints my post on nice paper (color, words, pictures) and then I put them in plastic sleeves. I really like and I get the comments too which is great.
I know there are other options - I'll get back to you.