Friday, December 26, 2008

We are here

After a very long day, we are at my parents' house. The kids have already played and opened presents and are having a great time with cousins and the grandparents. I have already found the Chex mix and the circus peanuts...all is right with the world!

We had delays because of fog in Atlanta, but it wasn't a terrible day. We arrived in Atlanta to find that our connecting flight had departed without us. The airline had already booked us on a late flight, but we were able to get on an earlier one. However, when they boarded us, we were in 3 separate rows. T. Willy was most unhappy, and a very kind lady saw that and offered to take my seat so he and I could sit together. It all had a happy ending. The flights were smooth, and the delays were bearable.

One funny thing. T. Willy is four...the prime age for learning and repeating "potty" words. He has been talked to about it, and we've tried to explain good words and bad words. So...my mom gave MK and my nephew labelmakers for Christmas. There are labels everywhere...on the microwave, the stairs, my mom, etc. T. Willy found a label on the sofa that said, "Place butt here." He read it out loud, and repeated it several times. MK told him that he's not supposed to say "butt." (He has been told to try to find substitutes for "butt"; however, "but" is different and acceptable.) So he told her, "Yeah, when I said it, it only had one 'T'."

That's it for us. I will try to post pictures and maybe even some video this week. Have a great day!

A

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Okay... that is hilarious about the word "butt." What a clever little guy!