Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Parade 2008

Take two on this post. I loaded 3 videos which seemed to take forever...as the last one was finalizing, the whole thing disappeared. Ugh.

So....last night was our Christmas parade. I am going to try to show 4 videos. The first is of T. Willy and MK before the parade. The next is T. Willy's setup. He had a front row seat complete with his wagon and a blanket and the Big Man's iPhone to play with while he waited for floats to pass. The third is of a float that I thought was hysterical. It portrayed an old fashioned revival. It cracked me up, as you will notice...I am a strange bird. The thing I found so funny was that the "preacher" just kept repeating, "We're going to sing Silent Night. Key of G. Key of G." They had instruments and looked ready to play, but we never did hear them sing. The last is of MK's band. She makes a brief appearance in it at the 18 second mark. She's the 3rd clarinet in. Usually she kind of scowls if I call her name. This time I didn't, and she seemed to appreciate it.

A highlight of the night was running into one of my students from last year. I've run into just about every other student from last year while subbing or shopping. But I haven't heard how he was doing. He approached me and seemed genuinely glad to see me, because he just talked and talked. It was so great. He has a tough life and had a reputation as a troublemaker. But we totally clicked. He was helpful and developed leadership skills and really learned to control his temper. I can't tell you how happy I was to see him.

So that was the parade. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a great week!

A




1 comment:

Chellie said...

AWE.. that was so awesome! I LOVE the videos! Maddie and T Willy are adorable!
And I LOVE the one of you talking. :) You are so cute.
It looks like a lot of people were at the parade, how fun!