Thursday, December 04, 2008

Thursday

My favorite day of the week.

The grading session went well. We grade papers for other instructors, but we find our students' grades too. It looks like all of my students are on track to pass. Two of my students attended most of the classes, but flaked out at the end. I told one that he could make up some missed work, but he still didn't do it, so I was relieved that they didn't show up today. It was much easier than having the "you've wasted your time and mine" conversation. I'm hopeful that everyone passes on Tuesday, then the semester will be over for all of us.

Our town's Christmas parade is Saturday. MK will march in it with the band, and we will watch from the sidelines. It is always a good time to catch up with friends that we don't see often, because it seems like everyone shows up for it.

T. Willy took a field trip at school today. They rode the school bus to a neighboring town (coincidentally the town where I go to teach) and delivered food that they had collected for needy people. Then they stopped at a really nice children's park to play for awhile. He seemed to really enjoy it and was so excited that his teacher sat by him on the bus ride home.

I am subbing tomorrow at MK's school, so I should start doing some things to get ready for that. Have a great night and a happy Friday!


T. by the tree

1 comment:

Chellie said...

I love parades... but there is such a difference in small town parades and big city parades. (Small town parades are AWESOME!)
I hope MK has fun in the parade - and the rest of you have fun watching!

love the tree...