Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All better

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts and comments. T. Willy is fine now. It didn't even require a doctor's visit. He went back to school yesterday, but has learned the art of, "I don't feel good," as a ploy to get out of school. He wasn't faking Monday, but has mentioned that he isn't going to feel well in the future because he realized illness gets him a day at home.

I did not have a day at home today. I subbed at MK's school, always my favorite. The classes were great. I was also asked to sub on Friday, so it really worked out well. It poured all day, and it was fun to sit in the class while listening to the rain.

Tomorrow will really be my last day at the college this semester. Four students did not pass Tuesday, so we'll be back tomorrow. They were frustrated, because they were all within four points, but the rules are the rules. One girl that passed (with one of the highest scores) actually hugged me after she found out that she had passed. She was so nervous, and cried while I was grading. Two students didn't even show up. They had both had great attendance all semester, and they showed up last Thursday for the written portion. One of them emailed me today, and he is going to be able to take the retest with the others, but he has to take both parts. It is a shame, because he had a decent score on the written part and likely would have passed on the first try.

MK has her band Christmas concert tomorrow. It should be fun. She has been telling me about the songs, and I can't wait to go.

I guess I'll go and figure out what we should do for dinner. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

T. Willy is a smartie! I'm glad he is feeling better.

Shocking to hear students didn't show up for the last portion. Sheesh. Seems so odd!!