Saturday, May 09, 2009

Wow, was that fun!

We had a great night. Several times during the night MK ran up to me and hugged me and thanked me for the party. That's a success to me! The kids seemed to have a ball, and they were great. There were 14 girls and 2 boys...the odds were definitely in the boys' favor. But it wasn't like that. They were just friends and added to the fun.

We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, and the Big Man brought us the world's best macaroni and cheese from his restaurant. After they ate, we lit a fire in the firepit, and the kids roasted marshmallows and made smores. They played Rock Band and were in and out all night. They played on the swingset, and to Maddie's delight, not one person asked to swim, even though the pool is ready. She was adamant...no swimming with boys around.

Now I'm exhausted, but 2 girls are still here, and they're playing Rock Band. T. Willy crashed in my bed, and I'm ready to move him to his bed and then do the same. And with that, Maddiepalooza is officially over! Happy Birthday, MK!




2 comments:

Chellie said...

Awesome! I bet those two boys were having fun with all of those cute girls!!
Everything looked like it was a success and that is so cute that MK was totally appreciative of it.
Sounds like maddiepalooza was a lot of fun!

Melissa Gephart said...

I'm glad her party went well!