Thursday, May 21, 2009

Now I can tell

MK has been doing something all week, but I wasn't allowed to talk about it until there was a result. So, now I can say that she has been practicing to try out for the color guard at the high school. This was all very new to her. She loved the band but wanted to try something different. Today was the tryout...and she made it! Then the kids and I ate dinner at the Big Man's restaurant to celebrate her big news! She didn't want me to blog about it unless she made it so that she wouldn't be reminded of it, but she did, so now I'll post pictures.






















She's been told that she won't have to try out again; this is what she's going to do in high school. Already she has met some older girls, and that is making her feel much more comfortable about starting high school in the fall.

Tomorrow is "Activity Day" at her school; it's kind of field day without ribbons. She doesn't want to go, so she is going to spend the day with me at school. She hasn't been able to meet my class, so she's looking forward to it. Then, on Saturday night, the school is having its Spring Play. They are doing a dinner theater, so we are going to go to that and enjoy a spaghetti dinner and a Noel Coward play.

We are looking forward to the three day weekend and sleep! It doesn't apply to the Big Man...holidays just mean more work for him. But we will relax and hopefully swim if it doesn't rain. And that's it from us. Have a great night!

No comments: