Monday, May 04, 2009

May I serve you?

My school is hosting a "serv-a-thon" right now. It is a fundraiser linked to service projects. Each class is assigned a project to do. Some of the classes have folded clothes at our local mission, cleaned yards and parks, and visited retirement homes. Today my class did their project. We went to the children's advocacy center. We collected snacks to donate to the center, then we cleaned their garden. It didn't take as long as we thought it would, so we had some time to spare. We went to a park and ate lunch, then they played for a little while. I took a LOT of pictures, but since I don't have permission from parents, and the pictures are almost all of the kids, I can't post many here. Here are just a couple.



This sign was in the garden.


















We picnicked by the bay, and took a walk on the dock...no one fell in the water! The day was breezy and cloudy, but it didn't rain until we were back at school.
















One of my students with me...pardon the blurry face...privacy, you know.


















Tomorrow is MK's birthday; Maddiepalooza continues! Her party is Saturday, and here is what her invitations looked like. They are so her. I sent her pictures of invitations since she wasn't with me in the store, hence the plastic wrap, but this way she could see what she was agreeing to.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

That sounds like a nice day with your class. What a great idea.

OMG, love the invites. So cute!