Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Night 2

This is my second night on the living room sofa. It's a sectional, so T. Willy has one end, and I have the other. He is still sick. He's been running a fever for over 48 hours, so we will be calling the doctor tomorrow. The Big Man stayed home with him today, but he works tomorrow, so I'll be home with T. I stayed late after work today and made sub lessons just in case...and since he came in my room at 11:30 throwing up and burning up, my time was not wasted.

So many things that I heard all my life didn't actually make sense until I became a parent. The one that comes to mind is that as a parent, I would so much rather bear this for him than to watch him suffer. He's so miserable. Instead of playing video games with the Big Man, he's watching. Instead of climbing on his swing set in the backyard, he's just sitting on the sofa, and he's napping during the day which he never does at home. He is usually a great helper. He likes to help me water the garden, but today when I asked, he just said, "No thank you," and continued lying on the sofa. He even put himself to bed at 8:00. He goes to bed with no problems, but I'm starting to miss him asking for a cup of water just to delay bedtime a few minutes.

So, I'll try to get some sleep, and I hope T. Willy does too. Good night.

*I was just signing off when he woke up. He asked, "Mommy, is there space next to you?" Of course there's always room for him, so now he's cuddled up next to me while I type this. And he's still burning up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when they are sick! When Ava had strep in Feb..it was horrible.. she slept & just laid on the couch..so unlike her! Fevers scare me so I was constantly taking her temparature. I hope he feels better soon!

Melissa Gephart said...

I absolutely hate it when the kids are sick. David has asthma that is triggered by a cold/cough - so the first sign of fever and I'm a nervous wreck. Hope T is feeling better soon - so mommy can relax!

melissa said...

Oh Annette, I am so sorry. I hope that today is better. It's so difficult when the little ones are down. They are usually so full of energy, and to see them like that is just so hard. I'll be sure to pray for you guys.