Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm not kidding

I forgot. I blogged about it. I collected the money. MK knew. The Big Man knew. My class knew. And I forgot!!! Yes, I do think I'm mother of the year...well, I'm certainly not "Tooth Fairy" of the year.

Let me explain.

To protect me from vicious stalkers (ha,) I did not mention that the Big Man was out of town all week. He left Sunday to attend meetings and training at his company's home office in Tennessee. So, the kids and I had a quiet week. MK did great and was a big help. T. Willy also did great, but the separation was harder for him.

As we drove to the airport Sunday night, we were just talking and then we heard from the backseat, "Daddy? What makes you cry?" The Big Man named a few things that might make him cry, and I looked back to realize that T. Willy was crying. I was expecting a shaky week, but that was really the only time he did that. He had to nap every day at school, which he often doesn't when the Big Man is home. But it was a good week, and we made it through.

Last night while walking out of the airport, T. Willy smelled something bad. He said, "What's that horrible smell? It smells like Tennessee." I guess he hasn't forgiven Tennessee for taking his dad.

Then last night we came home, ate dinner and went to bed. The Big Man woke at 6:30 and said, "The Tooth Fairy!" We forgot. I had a bunch of change ready, so I sneaked into T. Willy's room to put it under his pillow. And there he was...awake and playing on his iPod Touch.

I gave him a hug and slid the money under his pillow. He then looked up and said, "Hey, why wasn't there any money under my pillow?" Deja vu. I said we needed to look again, and he did and there was the money! $2.37 in change! Then he asked why there wasn't a treat there too. We mentioned one time that there would be a treat under his pillow, meaning money, but he was looking for more. I explained that the money was the treat; he accepted that, and we put the money in his bank.

He has another loose tooth...wish us luck!

No comments: