Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

We did pause to think about our fallen heroes today. What a blessing it is to live in the USA, and our thanks go out to those who currently serve and especially to those who have paid with their lives for the freedom we have today!

I cut some gardenias today, and they smell amazing. They're almost gone, but I've really enjoyed their scent. We had more than ever, and I'd have enjoyed them more, but we have had so much rain that I couldn't spend as much time as I like to rocking on our porch.


















The kids received some new waterguns in the mail this week from the Big Man's parents. The rain held out today, so they were able to take them outside and play. MK had just done her hair, so her instructions to T. Willy were that he was not to get her hair wet. He listened pretty well, but didn't like to be shot at all. Hopefully he'll realize that's part of the fun, but today was a learning experience. So I'll close with pictures of them and their guns. Have a good night!


1 comment:

Melissa Gephart said...

The gardenia are beautiful! We had some growing in the back yard at our old house, and I miss them! I may have to plant some here.