Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What I see

I walked to the backyard this morning before leaving for work. Here are some pictures of what I saw.


We don't have any actual pets, but as long as we keep putting seed in this feeder, we have tons of birds and squirrels in our yard. The Big Man calls them his pets.



















My friend's husband pointed out some very small growths in our front yard. He asked if I knew that they were crape myrtles. I did not. We'd had a crape myrtle but had taken it out to plant the palm tree. Anyway, there were about six of them, and I wasn't doing anything in the front yard, so I just let them grow. When we finally landscaped the front walkway, we pulled them up. We took a couple of the bigger ones and just stuck them in a pot. They're flourishing. I don't know where we're going to plant them though. We'll have to think about that.


















My zucchini has a bloom! And I still very desperately need to weed...and do laundry...and grade papers....and sleep. School is out June 5!!!!

















And here is my apple tree. It makes me happy every time I look at it.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

yay! so glad to see your fruit and veggie plants and trees! I wish I had a green thumb!