Thursday, April 02, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

I may take those words back, because our summers are often dry, but right now I am tired of rain! I think it has rained all but one day since last Thursday. I can't remember the last time we had this much sustained rain. It's just dreary. The sun did peek out a couple of times today, but it certainly wasn't enough to enjoy.

So, I stayed home today and did more cleaning. The kids' rooms look great, and the laundry is nearly caught up. I still have more to do, but I'm happy with the results so far.

My parents are coming here for Easter and bringing a nephew and niece with them! We are very excited. So, I'll close with a picture that reminds me that Easter is coming and along with it, hopefully, some sun!!!




















And one thing I want to record for posterity. We used to watch "Fear Factor" regularly as a family. MK loved it, but, the animal lover that she is, couldn't stand that the people used to eat live bugs. She isn't however, a bug lover; do you find that ironic? Anyway, she was so incensed by this that she wrote a letter to the President. We were talking about that tonight, and she remembered her letter. Then she said, "I also mentioned that I was a Girl Scout; I wanted the President to know about my service to the country."

1 comment:

Chellie said...

LOVE that MK wrote to the president!! I'm surprised they didn't respond... usually they do.

Your Easter sounds like it will be great!!