Monday, April 06, 2009

"In this economy"

How tired are you of hearing that? But, I've realized that there are things more important than the economy. I had a meeting with the principal at my school this afternoon. He and I spoke before Spring Break about next year. He offered me my dream job...English teacher for the middle and high schools. The Big Man and I talked about it at length, and we came to a mutual decision. So, in this economy, I am turning down a job. There is a voice in the back of my head saying, "Are you nuts?" But, my heart knows that I am a mom first. I am missing out on a lot with my kids, and, while this school is really wonderful, there are also a lot of things that would require my time that I'm not obligated to do right now since I came into it mid-year. So, I turned it down. The principal was great and completely understood, and I really appreciated that. So, I am hoping to sub again next year. There is really no chance that I'll be hired by the school district, because they just let a lot of teachers go, so I'll let the teachers know that I'm available, and trust that the work will be there.

And that is what happened here today. I'll watch what I can of the UNC game and hopefully fall asleep quickly. MK was born in North Carolina, so she wore her shirt today that says, "Once a Tarheel, always a Tarheel." They're up pretty big at the half, so maybe she should have saved it for tomorrow.

Have a great night!

Today's picture: this is MK's sleeping companion. He travels to sleepovers with her, and for some reason, he is wearing a shower cap...correction, she told me it was a sleeping cap. This is Arnie the sloth.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Wait? Weren't you looking for a job and got one? So is this another job you turned down? Or you'll have none at all? :) confused.