Monday, April 20, 2009

Can you Wii?

The Big Man's parents gave T. Willy a Wii Fit for his birthday, but MK and I are having too much fun with it. We ran together and did yoga together tonight. I wasn't sure how it would be, but it's a workout...or I'm just that out of shape. Regardless, it was a lot of fun!

The NHL playoffs are in full swing. Unfortunately, hockey is one thing the Big Man and I cannot agree upon. He is from Pittsburgh originally, and I am from the Philadelphia area. He can tolerate the Eagles and the Phillies but HATES the Flyers. And, in the first round of the playoffs, as has happened in the past, the Penguins are playing the Flyers. The Pens are up 2 games to 1, so he's happy. As much as I want the Flyers to win, it's much easier if the Pens do, so either way I'll be happy.

We had the best babysitter in the world when I was in grad school. She was in high school at the time and was really a lifesaver for me. I never worried about the kids with her, and they loved having her. Okay, MK loved having her. T. Willy would pretty much cry as soon as he saw her, because he knew it meant I was leaving. But he had a great time with her once I was gone. One day she came over just to drop something off, and he burst into tears.

Anyway, I just found out that she is back in town. Her mom and I were good friends and worked together, but they've moved to Georgia. Now Brittany is a college graduate and married, and she and her husband are back here! I'm so happy. Not only that, she is now working at T. Willy's school! I don't think he'll remember her, but she promised to stop by soon, so he'll get to know her again and find out how sweet she is.

Tonight's picture...I try very hard to get a nice picture of T. Willy, but he is every bit his 5 years and cannot seem to just smile. So, here are my vain attempts, but they're really just cheeky.



2 comments:

Melissa Gephart said...

5 is such a fun age. I don't think I managed to get a decent pic of David for about a year, either. But looking back, it's funny that he was such a silly little boy (and still is, most of the time).

Kyla said...

Lovin' the pictures of "Tebow" Willy!