Saturday, April 04, 2009

Think Pink

MK and I painted her room today. It is now very pink. She worked very hard, and we had a really fun time doing it. Except for the laundry room, it was the only room in the house that we hadn't painted before. Some rooms have been painted 4 times, but hers was intimidating, and we never had a good plan until now. Her room has 9 foot ceilings and it is the biggest bedroom in the house. But now it is finished, and she is happy!

We also bought her a new comforter set and some scarves for her windows. Her room faces east and gets the morning sun. In addition, her windows have arches at the top that aren't covered, so it gets very bright in her room. So she has blackout curtains. They aren't attractive but help the room stay a little darker.

So here are some pictures of our work.

Before: There really wasn't a plan in her room. She had printed out a bunch of lyrics and hung them on the wall, so that's what you can see to the left. Now they have had holes punched in them and are collected neatly in a notebook. You can see her bright red futon. We are looking for a new cover that will better suit the room.



















After: I moved the bed and we haven't put anything on the walls yet. Tomorrow we are going to paint two shelves black, then we are just going to look for posters to put on the walls.



















Windows: The scarves are nice and long, but they were just thrown up there in order to take the picture. I'll adjust them soon.
















So that's it. Whew. I had a good night's sleep last night, and I think I'll sleep well tonight too. Have a great night!!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

oh my gosh! I LOVE IT!!! You did awesome! What an awesome transformation!
I found some great (and cheap) posters at allposters.com. You can search by keyword, person, artist, color scheme, etc. etc. etc. I found a few great ones for Ryker's room with a guitar theme. Then, instead of just tacking them to the walls, I found poster frames for $7 at Michaels (or Joanns).
It looks awesome and I love how MK chose pink!