Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Threes

I am not superstitious, and I do not believe trouble comes in threes. However, today, I do have three things to talk about: Regan, Carly, and Uncle Shelton.

Regan (Ree-gan) is an 8 week old baby, the daughter of friends of the Big Man's family. She has tumors in both of her eyes and it has spread to her brain. Her parents' faith is strong, and it is holding them up right now.

Carly is my cousin's daughter. I've mentioned her before. She had a tumor on one of her kidneys, had that removed and then had chemotherapy. Their last reports had been good ones, but they received disheartening news yesterday. Spots have been found on her lung. So she will be starting chemo again soon.



Carly: just a few weeks ago at Disney







Uncle Shelton is my dad's older brother. He has been battling cancer, and I think emphysema. His daughters were told to take him home and call hospice. They are going to set up a bed in one of their homes and care for him as much as they can.

Whew...a lot is going on that we cannot control. Please keep all of these precious people in your prayers.

On a similar note, my dear friend, Shannon, is having a biopsy on Friday. I desperately hope that all goes well with that, and she would appreciate your prayers too.

It's certainly no coincidence, but the Bible verse that my class is learning this week is Hebrews 11:1: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Okay...after that, I hope you'll have a great day!

Annette

1 comment:

Chellie said...

My heart goes out to all those you mentioned. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.