Friday, April 03, 2009

From bad to good

My day did not start well. At about 3:30 this morning the Big Man woke me from a terrible dream. I was screaming in my sleep and scared him to death, but I was very thankful that he woke me. I can't remember ever doing that before. I've cried in my sleep, but I don't ever remember full out screaming. I managed to fall back asleep sometime later, but never really felt rested. My morning was spent pretty much just trying to shake the awful feeling.

But, things did get better. MK, T. Willy and I went to my classroom and finally decorated it. They like for us to change bulletin boards every month, so MK and I did that. We also decorated the door. I have lots of ideas, but I'm not the greatest at execution. Another teacher was there, and he was able to identify what it was supposed to be, so that's a start. After we finished at the school, we went to Moe's for dinner and then realized that our Kohl's is finally open, so we went there.

Kohl's was great. We bought T. a book and MK some shorts, but we mostly just looked around and had fun. Now that MK's room is clean, we are inspired to paint. We picked up some paint for it and some ideas for decorating. She aspires to live in New York City. So our idea is for a black and white comforter and pale pink walls....she loves pink. Then she wants some framed black and white posters of different sites in New York. So, we are inspired to paint tomorrow and work on our ideas. Once again, I'm an ideas person...but MK is good at the execution, so it should work. If all goes well, I'll post pictures. Our dilemma is going to be her futon. She has one in her room that has a red cover. So we'll be on the lookout for an all black cover, but hopefully one that's textured and won't show dirt too easily. We don't have the cat anymore, but if we did, black would be out.

And that was our day. I hope yours was wonderful, and I'll wish us all sweet dreams tonight!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Should have read this too... there are a lot of black & white NY posters on that site! :)

Sorry about your dream. The only time I ever remember dreaming is when I was pregnant, but it was never quite like that.

I'm glad your day got better.