Monday, April 27, 2009

How high is high enough?

Melissa G. commented on the picture of the sunflowers that I had posted a few days ago. She's never been here, so I thought I'd post a picture of our house. I call this my front "porch" though, technically, I'm not sure that it qualifies as a porch. Also, the double rocker is no more. We have a single rocker now that is on its last legs. My dream is to have a front porch swing, but there's no room for that, so we're discussing a glider, but I'm specific about what I'm looking for. With a glider, the kids and I can sit together. As it is, I sit alone, and T. Willy sits alone, or MK tries to sit on his rocker, but it isn't comfortable for her. So, we'll see what we can find.

I digress.

The roof is plenty high for sunflowers to get tall, if they aren't too crowded; however, it isn't very wide...hence no swing. This picture is from 2006, and they are the same planters that we have out front now. I really know how to hold onto something.

1 comment:

Melissa Gephart said...

Ooooh ok - you have plenty of room for some big tall sunflowers. Thanks for posting that :)