Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ups and Downs

So many times today I thought to myself, "I'm going to blog this," but I have no idea how to remember it all. So I'll just post what I can think of now.

In the morning it looked like it was going to rain. And did it ever! It poured; we had a tornado warning, and we were stuck inside. Chapel is on Thursdays, but it was cancelled because of the storm, and we had so much to do that it helped us accomplish everything. We also had practice for the program tonight, 2 tests and the basic classwork. Then, I went home for about an hour, changed clothes, and went back to school for the program and parent teacher meetings...not really conferences, just a chance to talk to the parents after the program. I was home around 8:40, and that was a relief.

During the day, however, the Big Man texted that T. Willy had gotten sick at school. I tried to get out, but with all the activity at school, all of the subs were busy. Fortunately, MK skipped band and was able to come home and watch T. so the Big Man could go to work. She also babysat him while I was gone tonight. T. was fine. He has always had a sensitive gag reflex, and I think that's the only reason he was sick. He's been great the rest of the night.

A downer today? I don't take it personally, because I know T. didn't do this on purpose, but today he was talking to me and called me "Daddy." I know it was a slip of the tongue, and really it's a good thing, because he's so connected to his dad, but it's a reminder of how much I'm away now. He just doesn't get to talk to me as much as he used to. It's not just that I'm working, but I work 35 or so minutes away, so the drive time adds up too. But there's always a bright side...we had a great time at bedtime. We told stories and snuggled and reconnected, and Spring Break starts tomorrow!!!! I also spent the hour that I was home with MK, and we had a great time! We talked and laughed and tried shoes on, and she helped me get ready for tonight.

So....that's enough. Here is a picture of me ready for the program tonight (I had to wear pantyhose!!!! I wasn't even certain I owned any!) And then I'm posting a pic of T. Willy that I took before I left. He's playing Xbox360 and decided he needed to wear his Xbox hat while he played. Have a great night!!!



























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look great ..and I know what you mean re: the time spent away... I am fortunate in that I only work 5 min from school/home but still..there are some days when there is nothing more I want to do than stay home & cuddle all day. I dont think our kids will fault us for working while they grow up ..at least I hope not :)