Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Photo update

I took one serious "here is what we saw" picture. This is it: our state Supreme Court building under construction.














The rest of the pictures were mostly for fun.

I cannot believe I'm posting this one, but here it is. This was at the museum. It had activities where the kids could test leverage and sound waves. This one was about pulleys. They had a few different ones. I was amazed that I was able to pull myself up. I must have been on the easiest one. This was right after the hurricane simulator. Thank goodness for ponytail holders, because my hair was BIG!






















I hope the artists don't mind that I'm posting their work.


















I doubt they will, though...because they're monkeys! This painting was on display at the museum today, and it can be yours for $45. This just amused me. Maybe because there were 10 or 12 paintings for sale by the monkeys and biographies of the monkeys posted under their artwork.

That's just a sampling. We had a great day, but it's always good to be home. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but the teacher who went with us really directed things well. He's retiring this year, and I'm sure the kids will miss him. You sense a genuine love for the students from him, and even though he's a bit older, he gets them.

So that's the last post for today, I hope. Good night!

No comments: