Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If I called you a reject....


It wouldn't be an insult, at least not to MK right now.

Let me go back...

In our life before T. Willy, we had season tickets to Disney one year. We went many times and had a great time. One time the Big Man and I went by ourselves. I was in the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney when I heard some music that caught my ear. I asked the staff and found out that it was a group called "The All-American Rejects." I had never heard of them before, but I liked their sound and we bought the CD.

Fast forward to MK at the age of 11 or 12 and discovering music. She looked through my CDs one time and couldn't believe that I had a CD of a group she really liked. It was AAR. She has continued to listen to them and is a fan.

So...tomorrow night, MK and the Big Man are going to see them locally. A benefit concert is being held at the college where I worked last year, and the All-American Rejects are playing it! MK is soooo excited, and it will be a fun father/daughter night for them. I think the Big Man may also take her out to dinner first too. One of MK's best friends is going too and will be sitting not too far from them. I think T. Willy and I are going to go out for a mother/son date too, most likely to good old reliable Burger King. It's the only place in town with an indoor playground; that's why we end up there so often.

So, that's how it's shaping up here. Have a wonderful night!

No comments: