Friday, November 07, 2008

Looking forward to tomorrow

We don't have any big plans, but we don't have to get up early. I am not an early riser by nature (see yesterday's post...no wonder.) But due to school schedules, I am up around 5:30 every weekday morning. I'm hoping T. sleeps until at least 7:00, but I'll probably be up by then anyway. MK has to march with the band in the Veteran's Day parade tomorrow afternoon, but that is our only obligation, and it doesn't require getting up early. She is going to a fair in town tomorrow night with a friend, so she will have a full day.

I'm subbing on Monday and Friday, so it should be a full week, but I don't teach Tuesday due to Veteran's Day. So I'll spend the day thanking our wonderful veterans and enjoying the day with the kids. I can't believe the semester is winding down already. We've been doing some practice exams to get the students ready for their final. It's a state exam with both a writing portion and an objective portion. I don't grade the writing, so I'm trying to prepare them as well as I can. It has been a lot of fun, but 8:00 classes are tough. I am wide awake, but most of the students aren't.

So, that's a little update. Have a wonderful night!!!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

I'm up every weekday at 5:30 as well. My kids have always been good and long sleepers. I'm not sure why on this Saturday morning Scarlet thought it would be a good idea to wake up at 6. She should have asked me! :)

oh, the parade! So fun! I love parades!