Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good morning!

The Big Man is working today, and the kids and I haven't been doing much, so we're going to have an adventure. Here is where we're going. T. Willy went there on a field trip a few weeks ago, but MK and I have never been. It is chilly today, but that should be part of the fun. We won't be trying out the swimming area today but will check it out for the future. We're going to pack a picnic lunch and just explore. I'll be sure to take some pictures.

When we get home, we'll start some Thanksgiving baking. I have a couple of new things to try, but I'll be making my standard "Garlic-Rosemary Turkey." A girl I worked with in Roanoke, VA, in 1992, gave me the recipe, and it's been requested every year. Some years it's better than others, but it's usually pretty good.

I've written about our Christmas traditions, but we don't really have any specific Thanksgiving traditions. When I was growing up, we alternated houses with my dad's sister and her family near Washington, D.C. This year they're at my mom's house. I admit that I'm a bit sentimental about it. The last time I had Thanksgiving with my parents was when I was expecting MK - 1994! My memories are of the big meal, football watching, football playing, then leftovers at night while playing board games. The last few years, the Big Man's parents have been here. They weren't able to come over this year, but we'll still have a good time.

I hope you'll have a wonderful holiday and let me know how you plan to spend it!!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

We are at my Mom's at the beach and it's cold. We had alot of people here and it was so much fun.
Rusty is now watching football and we are all miserable from eating too much food.