Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!













Our day was quiet, but it turned out nicely. The Big Man went to work at 4 a.m., so the kids and I went there for a late breakfast. I ate something I haven't tried in 25+ years, because I never liked them...pancakes. MK ordered them and got me to try them, and they were wonderful! I always thought they were mushy and didn't like the syrup that we used, Log Cabin type. But these were a world apart from what I remembered. I may be eating breakfast 3 times a day.

We ate our dinner and are happily "miserable" (I stole the word miserable from Bridget...it is fitting.) We are watching the Eagles who are winning right now and ready to just settle in for the night. I talked to some good friends today and called my family this evening. They have a lot of company, so it was a hectic but fun call. I was so happy that my cousin's daughter answered the phone. I mentioned a few months ago that she had been diagnosed with cancer, but she has been responding well to her treatments and sounded bright and cheerful on the phone.

I hope the Eagles win, but more than that, I hope you had a great holiday and were able to spend it with people you care about! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

That is so funny, I grew up hating pancakes and now I love them. It's weird how our taste changes as we mature. (Notice how I said mature and not get older, no getting older here even though I hit the big "40" 12/11). Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving too.

Chellie said...

I love the real buttermilk pancakes with butter and syrup! :) Glad you like them too!

I am so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!