Sunday, October 19, 2008

Why I blog

I read several blogs, although not as many as I used to. Today I caught up on some that I haven't read in awhile. In one I learned that the writer who has waited 3 years to adopt a baby from China got her referral and had posted a picture of her baby. She hopes to have her home by Christmas. I have never met her, or even left her a comment, but still teared up while reading. I read another blog which I couldn't wait to show MK. The writer attended a wedding in which all of the groomsmen wore black Chucks. MK was just telling me that she hopes everyone in her bridal party wears them...black for the guys and white for the girls. (She's 13, let's hope that is a long way off.) She loved it. I also read a blog that deeply disappointed me. You never know what you'll learn. But that is the blogging world.






Two pairs of MK's Chucks...the off-white ones were custom made for her via the Converse website. She completely designed them. She also has a black pair.



































Blogging was introduced to me by Melissa. She encouraged me to start it as a way to document things for the kids. I am forever indebted to her. I know that the blogging community gives awards for blogs. My blog is not the kind that will win awards: that was never the point. I simply hope that it is a sincere look at our lives that the kids can read and remember. It is a way to share with our family and friends what's going on in our lives, because I am not the best at keeping in touch. I only wish I had learned of it sooner.

So, thank you for reading and have a great night!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

MK's Converse shoes are sweet! Ryker loves converse and I wasn't aware you can have them custom made... whaaaa? awesome!

I hope it wasn't my blog that left you disappointed! :)
I'm glad you blog... thanks to Melissa. I always look forward to your posts, your comments and I cherish our friendship!

melissa said...

Love the chucks.

I will take FULL credit for dragging you into the blog world. (You knew that I would.)
I am so glad that you decided to blog. It makes me feel "connected" with you, even though I am SO bad at keeping up. I love reading about the stuff you guys are doing, and just your daily life! Love ya Anniesue!