Friday, October 17, 2008

80s night

MK had her friend, Chrissy, over for dinner last night. They mentioned that "Spirit Week" is coming up soon at school. They will have crazy sock day and things like that. However, the one that garnered the most attention was "80s night!" I can remember thinking how long ago the 60s had seemed in the 80s and it's no different for MK. But for me...weren't the 80s just yesterday? Anyway, the girls were asking for some ideas. It turned into dress up night. I still have my prom dress and the jean jacket that I bought from "The Gap" in 1987 with money I earned at my big career at McDonald's. So we pulled them out and had a photo op. MK wore my prom dress and Chrissy didn't have anything to wear, so we pulled out my very 80s wedding dress. T. Willy didn't want to be left out so he got to wear MK's Kindergarten graduation gown. And here are some pictures.

















































































And last weekend we cancelled putting up the tent, because it was supposed to rain. T. Willy was so disappointed. But I did put it up tonight...in the rain. I was soaked, but T. Willy is happy, so that made it worth the effort. The tent, however, stayed nice and dry, and it is supposed to get to 55 tonight, so it should be a fun time. I'll let you know!!! Here is the tent halfway finished and before the rain.























Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

I love your 80's stuff! I'm just going to admit it... I love/d the 80's!
How nice of you to let your wedding gown be a dress-up for the night. :) They both look adorable.

T. Willy looks so cute in his cap and gown.

That's a cool tent! ...55 is cold. Your a better mom than me :)

melissa said...

DUDE! That Gap jacket was such a "buy"! Totally classic! ANd PLEASE be sure that they have "big hair" on 80's day. LOL! How fun!

Girl, that's not a tent, that's a small home! I'm sure that TWIlly will enjoy it. Have fun!