Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In a pinch

T. Willy had to get a shot today. He had 3 last summer and remembers them well. I hadn't told him about it, because I didn't want him to worry about it. This morning he came with me to take MK to color guard practice. On the way back, I told him we were going to Walmart but had one stop on the way. He asked where we were stopping, and I told him the doctor. Immediately he asked, "Do I have to get a pinch?" I said that he did but just one. He did so well. He was not happy about it, but he didn't complain or cry.

He was great for the doctor, and he took the shot like a champ. The nurse brought him a popsicle, and after a few tears, he was fine. As soon as the nurse left the room, he asked, "No more till I'm 12?" He remembered that we had told him last year (before the school nurse realized he was missing an immunization) that he wouldn't be scheduled for another one until he was 12, and he remembered that! After the doctor, we went to Walmart and bought all of his school supplies. He is all ready for Kindergarten...I hope I am!


Waiting for the doctor.















In the elevator; it's all over!

















We were planning to go to the cold springs today, but the forecast is rain, so we're waiting to see. That's it for now.

No comments: