Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th!

Due to the Big Man's job, holidays are not celebrated very traditionally in our home. He worked until 5 today, so T. Willy and I entertained ourselves. T. played, and I rearranged his room and gave it a deep cleaning. Wow...I packed a lot of clothes to give to our local mission and threw away a LOT of toys and papers. He has a bunk bed, but I've always wanted to separate it into twin beds, so I did that today. I'm pleased with the way it turned out and am happy to have that job behind me.

















We swam when the Big Man came home from work, then we went out to dinner. I had things to grill, but we just didn't feel like it. A student had given me a restaurant gift card, and we happily used that. We pulled the tailgate down on the Big Man's truck when we came home and watched fireworks all around our neighborhood. I am sitting in my living room and can still see some through the glass doors.

So, that's our 4th. MK spent the day with her cousin, and my sister-in-law took the girls out for manicures. I'll close with a picture of that. We've really missed MK, but I know she's having a ball! Thanks to everyone in NO for treating her so well!

No comments: