Friday, June 19, 2009

Why get a pet?

We toss the idea of getting a pet back and forth. We were pretty sure we were going to get a dog, and then the kids didn't want one at that time. Then MK decided she did, but we didn't. So we're still negotiating. However, there are enough creatures around here that I don't think an actual pet is necessary.

I was on the phone this afternoon and folding T. Willy's swimsuit that had been left outside to dry. I shook it and out popped this little guy.


















I squealed even though I'm not really afraid of frogs. It just startled me because I wasn't expecting it. We have had more lizards around our house this year than I've ever seen, so if we could just catch one, we could have a pet. We feed birds (and inadvertently squirrels)in a feeder out back, so I think there are more than enough animals around here for now.

That's about the most interesting thing that happened here today. We're looking forward to the weekend. MK has really been enjoying color guard camp, but she's worked physically harder than I can remember her ever working. It will be good for her to get some rest this weekend, then she's back at it again on Monday.

Have a great night!

No comments: