Sunday, June 28, 2009

Please rain

I'm sitting on my rocking chair out front listening to thunder and watching some lightning. I am hoping that it isn't just a teaser and that it's actually going to rain. We need it so bad. This is my grass:

















It's crunchy! You'll notice the other yard in the picture. These people just put down new sod and a sprinkler system. We neglect to water our grass...we just keep thinking it'll rain. The neighbors must love us. But I use so much water between the frontyard flowerbed and backyard garden that I can't justify using more.

We had a good day: went to the early service at church. Then the Big Man went to work, and T. Willy and I hung out and played and swam. We picked up MK and her friend and took them to a 4th of July festival. It was pretty crowded with lots of long lines, so we opted out of that and went to the Big Man's restaurant for dinner instead. Now MK's friend is here to spend the night, and we're ready for settle in for the evening.

And that's it. Hope you have a great night!

No comments: