Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy morning

While I don't have a (known) mental illness, I can completely identify with agoraphobics...I love to be at my home. I would rarely leave it if I didn't absolutely have to. If I know that I have running around to do, I try to schedule it all at once so that I don't have to be out and about too often. My kids will never have to worry about being overscheduled. MK has always had one activity going at a time, and it's on purpose. I just like to be home.

However, today I have already done some running around. I picked up MK's friend at her mom's work and took her and MK to camp. Then I went to the store to get something for the Big Man and dropped it off at his work. I'm going back out later to pick up a prescription and to get some lunch for a friend of mine who is coming to eat with me during her lunch break from the preschool that T. attended this year. Finally, MK is going to a birthday party tonight. For many, that is an average hour, but for me...that's a busy day!

MK has a packed baby book. It has locks of hair, information for nearly her entire first year, clippings, receipts, you name it...it's there. Ty's has....maybe a few pictures, his name and weight...that's about it. I'm also not a great scrapbooker, so this blog is where I chronicle things for the kids. So I'm going to share two things that he said this morning that made me smile.

He dressed himself and when he came to show me, I saw that his pants were on backwards. I said, "T., your shorts are on backwards; the pockets go in the back." He looked down and said, "I love them this way," and they are still the same.

And now I can't remember the second thing which is exactly why I blog. I can't remember everything that I want the kids to know. Ask me what I wore to the Valentine's Banquet during my Junior year of high school, and I can tell you...but please don't ask what I had for breakfast yesterday.

While I was waiting to turn into the Wal-mart parking lot, this caught my eye...so that's the picture of the morning.

1 comment:

Darlene Jones said...

hey, i just started a blog...might need your help..lol.